Wednesday, September 3, 2008

My mom...

I called my mom early Sunday. Wanted to make sure she was ok since she's in Louisiana...and Gustav had decided to make it's presence known there. She was fine, the Nursing home where she lives had evacuation plans in place in case they had to leave. So I wasn't too worried.

Mom was in rare form. She won $2.00 playing bingo and was in high spirits. I'm gonna take her to Tunica one day...cuz she's getting to be quite the gambler..

Apparently Gustav wasn't the only excitement there in the last few days...

Let me back up a little to tell you the story…

There is a little man that has taken a shine to my mom, who I’ll call Mr. T. My mom however is not impressed with him…..as a matter of fact the only nice thing I’ve heard her say about Mr. T. is that he’s disgusting and a pain in the ass (her words..not mine).

He has been following her around, and on several occasions has come into her room. Which is a big no-no to my mom….she has threatened to knock him in the head with her phone (again her words) if he comes into her room again.

So cut to a few nights ago….It’s 12:30 at night and my mom is sleeping…she is awakened to someone rubbing her feet….and yes you guessed it….it was Mr. T in his wheelchair at the foot of the bed rubbing my mom’s feet. This is where it gets a little exciting….

Mom says she started screaming bloody murder…telling the SOB (her words again….) to get the hell outta her room. The screaming scared Mr. T. or woke him up out of his love fest with her feet...cuz he is trying his best to get his wheelchair out of the room when mom gets up and grabs the first thing she sees….which was….the flyswatter and starts chasing Mr. T. down the hall beating the hell outta him .…. He’s yelling….Mom is yelling and the nurses….well I’m not sure what the heck they thought. I don't think he knew that his love for feet whould get him in that much trouble..

I couldn’t help but get a mental picture of my mom….all 4 foot nothing of her running after this guys wheelchair and whacking or in this case swatting away at this guy as he tries to get away from her….She doesn't move fast as it is....but I can just see this little man trying to get away from her. I had to hold the phone away because I was laughing so hard when she was telling me this...mom is hard of hearing...thank goodness..or she wouldn't have been happy with me laughing at her.

I’m just glad the phone wasn’t handy…..I’m wondering how much it would cost to bail her out of jail...

Wonder what the headlines in the local paper would read?

7 comments:

Mandy said...

You're mom sounds like a hoot! That is hilarious! And I don't blame your mom for being upset, if I woke up from someone rubbing my feet I think I would scream too!

Thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

2 dollars playin' bingo? Hardcore!!!

Jennifer said...

LOL! Your mom is fiesty!! I love the mental picture I have of her chasing Mr. T w/ a fly swatter!

tiarastantrums said...

oh my goodness - your poor mom!!
Funny, but your poor mom!!!

leezee52 said...

Very funny! What happened to Mr T?

Amanda said...

Oh that's hysterical! Go MOM! I don't think anyone is going to mess with her ever again once that story gets circulated!

Elfie33 said...

Mandy: Yeah my mom has just a little temper...and she wonders where I get mine..LOL


Jasmine: They get 50Cents for a game and $1.00 for blackout, and they are pretty competitive let me tell you..LOL


jennifer: Mom is fiesty alright, you got to watch those little cajun women..LOL


Tiaras & Tantrums: She was pretty ticked off, I haven't asked her if he has bothered her anymore...I thought I'd not push any buttons or anything..LOL


leezee52: I don't know last time I talked to her I forgot to ask...I didn't want to get her stirred up again..LOL I hope he learned his lesson....or he could be in for some more swattin..*laughs*


amanda: I'm not sure what the nurses thought when they saw her whacking him with the flyswatter...bet they got a good laugh tho..*grins*