Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The War with the Spider under my desk




I don’t like spiders. It’s a well known fact. People know I freak out over them. Normally I’m a sane person…really I am, fairly easy going…but get a spider around me and the little men with white coats start circling the block.

So when one of the little fuzzy devils dropping from the ceiling on my desk,

Did I panic….

Did I freak out.

Did I try to bash its little head in with my stapler…

Well Yeah!! Dang thing almost gave me a heart attack. I had people coming out of offices left and right to see what in the heck I was doing beating the papers on my desk.

While I was beating my desk senseless it snuck out and ran behind the wall…the little coward. But never fear, I‘m armed with stapler in hand and ready for battle.

My battle with spiders began long ago….they are the only critters besides sheep (long story…I have bad sheep karma) that make me scream like a girl….

My poor hubby is usually my spider killer. He isn’t wild about them either…but it’s either him or me killing them…and I pick him. I’ve woke him up out of dead sleeps thinking I’m being strangled or something to kill one. The night he almost killed himself getting out of the bathtub at my blood curdling scream was a night to remember. He still hasn’t forgiven me for almost making him break his neck. But in my defense I was being attacked. It ran across my foot…and I didn’t know I screamed that loud, I was too busy jumping up and down to notice.

But back to the task at hand, I’m prepared I went out at lunch and bought bug spray (Three cans…I know, I know…overkill…so sue me). I’ve doused my whole office…it smells like crap and I’ve got a buzz going from the fumes, but that little spider is gonna be toast.




10 comments:

leezee52 said...

LOL...You are too funny!

I have a deal with the spiders if they come inside my house you're dead and if you are outside I'll leave you alone. My kitty Emme usually get to them before me and in the morning I see a little spider carcase with the little legs near by.

Sarah said...

Ahahahahaha!! Too funny! I'm the same way. I am petrified of spiders. Almost ridiculously. My husband is typically the executioner, though I do sometimes have to do my own killing.

I just recently used hair spray to kill one the was stalking me in the bathroom. It was to big to grab with tissue...it would have crunched. And I was barefoot so I couldnt use my shoe. Hubby was MIA. So I sprayed the hell outta him with hair spray. It froze him. Mwahahahaha! I win.

Jennifer said...

Bugs in general freak me out--especially bees. Or anything that buzzes in my ear. I hope you took that spider down!

Amanda said...

LOL - poor little buggy! I can deal with little spiders but if I see a rodent I'm moving out and leaving the kids, husband, and house behind!

Elfie33 said...

leezee52: We have cats outside, and we get mouse carcases like that. I haven't seen them get after spiders tho. But I'm sure they do..they eat everything in site..LOL

Elfie33 said...

sarah: I've used hair spray, oven cleaner, Room freshener....whatever I can find so I can totally relate..*grins*

Elfie33 said...

jennifer: I haven't seen Mr. Spider lately (thank goodness)..but I'm on the lookout..

My mom is terrified of bee's and such. I remember when I was about 14 a nest of wasp got into the bedroom. She made my poor dad go in there (shut the doors) and he had a can of spray and a flyswatter...all you could hear was ...ouch...ouch...and curse words..LOL

Elfie33 said...

amanda: I don't see that many mice because I have a ton of cats...they tend to be snacks for them..LOL

tiarastantrums said...

oh hon - I've got you beat - I HAS ababy squirrel under my cube once - IT freaked the ever living crap out of me. I was climbing on my desk to ook over the cubicle wall and there it was, the beady little eyes peeping out at me. I jumped off my desk screaming - AND I was 8 months pregnant!! It was a sight!!

Elfie33 said...

Tiaras & Tantrums: A squirrel? Oh my lord..I would freak too. I presonally thing they are gonna take over the world..they are everywhere..LOL