Monday, August 18, 2008

When I grow up I wanna be...

A plumber. These folks can set their own hours, work when and if they want to. If they are frustrated they can take it out on poor helpless home owners who have no choice but to grovel at their feet. I’m telling you these guys have it made.

Our water heater died, it drew it's last breath Thursday. Now since I live in the boonies and we only have the pick of a few plumbers, this is where the fun came in. One said he couldn't come out for two weeks...two flippin weeks, the other next Tuesday. We could drown by that time. My poor sweetie was using the shop vac 24/7, and wasn't a happy camper.

But there is a happy ending....

I’m now the proud owner of a new water heater. The old one was so old and rusted out that it couldn’t be saved. My hubby bless his heart stayed up two nights using a shop vac to suck up water and by the second night was in no mood to negotiate with anybody. He told the landlord something had to be done right then…we couldn’t wait till Tuesday. Our landlord came thru with a new one…..and installed it. It looks like some monster out of the black lagoon but it’s in there.

Our old one was cabinet like (have no clue how old it was)…fit right with my cabinets in the kitchen. This one is huge, taller than I am (hey I know at 4' 11" that’s not saying a lot..and no laughter from the peanut gallery) and round, has pipes sticking out all over and blocks part of my cabinets…but hey it’s in there, we have water, and we don’t have a lake in the kitchen…so in my book we’re batting a thousand.

I’ve got three fans going trying to dry out the indoor/outdoor carpet…and maybe in a month or so it might get dry. I have no clue why they put indoor/outdoor carpet in the kitchen but I can tell you it’s a pain in the rear.

The funny part of all this….Sunday afternoon we get a knock on the door….and guess who it is? Mr. Plumber guy stopped to see how we were doing. He still couldn’t do anything till Tuesday…but just wanted to check in with us…sweetie talked to him, I didn’t. I thought it was really nice of him to stop by and to check and make sure we hadn’t drowned or anything. *snorts*

4 comments:

Can Bass 1 said...

They can also charge a King's ransom for their services (at least here in Blighty)!

Elfie33 said...

can bass 1: They keep your first born around here..LOL
Thanks for stopping by.. : )

leezee52 said...

Hey kiddo my daughter is 4' 11" and she is 27 and everyone thinks she's just the cutest little thing!

Beautiful things come in small packages!

Lee :)

Elfie33 said...

leezee52: *grins* thanks for the kind words. ;)