Thursday, August 14, 2008

School's Started

How do I know this. I guess the fact that I got behind about a zillion school buses on the way to work is one guess. The next would be I made the mistake of going to Wal-mart Monday and half the civilized world and their children were running amuck in there. Good lord what a madhouse. Parent's trying to corral children, kids running up and down the isle throwing things in buggys. Babies in tow screaming and trying to get out and play. Had me so frazzled I forgot what the heck I was even there for. One poor guy was standing in one of the isle saying over and over again...I'll never do this again...I'll never do this again.....he has this glazed look in his eyes and I was going to ask if he was ok...but I thought better just let him melt down on his own....


One of our clients came in Monday and she had been crying, and when I asked what was wrong she said she had just left her little girl ...she started Kindergarden. I know that's hard...I always hated that first day of school. Just the thought of letting someone else have control I guess. I had to laugh because she has like 5 kids, and said she was so excited at first that she would have some free time for herself. She said her daughter did fine...waved goodbye and took off....she on the other hand spent an hour in front of the school crying. The joys of mommyhood. One of the other ladies that was in the office at the time, said she was so happy to get her kids out the door she woke up at 4:00am. *laughs* she has 7...and I don't think I blame her, I think I'd be doing cartwheels..


2 comments:

Tim Atkinson said...

Back to school already!!! What a frightening thought.

Elfie33 said...

dotterel: School started full time here on the 4th. Really early this year. Kids aren't happy about it...but parent's are thrilled..LOL