Monday, August 25, 2008

Not Suzy Homemaker

My hubby has been laid off for the last month or so. While I'm not wild about it, it does have a few advantages.

1. It's nice to have a clean house to come home to.

2. It's also nice to have supper done and ready when I walk in the door. (Most times it is edible...althought his chilli chicken was one for the books..)

While those 2 things are fantastic. There do seem to be a few drawbacks. First of all he has turned his days into a shopping frenzy. I have enough food in the freezer to last out this winter, and most likely a few after that. I do appreciate a bargin as much as the next person, but how may chicken breast can you eat before you start running from chickens?

He has also taken to reorganizing things....I can't find a dang thing in my kitchen anymore...either that or I have to find a ladder to reach things. I do get a tad annoyed when I have to call my hubby or my son to get me a glass out of the cabinet. It's wonderful that he so industrious, but the next time I have to find a step ladder to get a glass out of the cabinet I may get annoyed.

He's decided that our vaccume didn't suck enough, so we are now the proud owners of a new super duper outoftheordinary one...that sucks up everything in site, and looks like something from the moon landing. It has more gadgets and I think even lites up. It looks like it could eat you, so I've stayed away from it for safety reasons.

He didn't like the light in the living room, so we now have this new fangled one, that if you look at it will burn your retina's. It's so bright in my living room, planes could use it to land.

It's too hot in the kitchen to cook....so to solve this he bought a new air conditioner. Now I had been telling him for years that we needed one, but apparently me being hot when I cook isn't an issue....for him...it is....*snorts*

He also decided that he didn't like how the cabinets looked over the new water heater, so to solve that he took the doors off the cabinets. It looks so much better now...*rolls eyes*

Driving home Friday afternoon and I pulled into the drive way to find a pile of wood blocking it. I was a little nervous to go inside to see what I would find. He wanted to remove part of his desk because it was getting in the way. But got just a little carried away...once he started because what was left in the drive way didn't resemble anything like a desk. I didn't ask...I didn't want to know. He did go to Wally World to replace it...I think he shopped in the toy department...but I'm not saying anything.

He tried to put together a book shelf to go with his new fangled desk...that went well..*rolls eyes* after beating and banging on it for a couple hours he decided he broke it. I could have told him that the hour before, but I thought it wise to just keep my mouth shut.

He's going back to Wally World today....I'm kinda wondering what my house is going to look like when I get home.

He's not Suzy Homemaker, but he is trying. I just brought more tylenol...and I'm fine really I am, my eye twitches like that all the time.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

*snort* I'm sorry, I couldn't help but laugh. My husband would be hung from the ceiling by his toenails after all that. ;-) Kudos to you.

Elfie33 said...

amy: I haven't strangled him yet, but we are getting closer by the day. *laughs*

Amanda said...

I would LOVE if dh did all these "projects". Just guide him in the direction of whatever you need done. Mine hadn't left his recliner since the Olympics started. He's just now starting to come to life * GIANT eye roll *

Jennifer said...

Well he is getting a lot of stuff done which is great--the a/c in the kitchen alone is huge!

Elfie33 said...

amanda: I've tried the guiding part, but he isn't one who follows directions well. He likes to blaze his own trail. I'm just trying to keep up..LOL

Elfie33 said...

jennifer: Oh yeah love the new ac in the kitchen...he does do well on occasion. But those tend to be few and far between. ;)

leezee52 said...

Your Hubby reminds me of Tim "The Toolman" Taylor...lol

Lee :)

Elfie33 said...

leezee52: He can break things like Tim could. He's great with duct tape and a hammer, after that we're in trouble..LOL

tiarastantrums said...

that was funny - I can't bellieve he's vaccuming and cooking!!!!! and fixing things up around the house - you are LUCKY!! My hubbie would DRIVE me up a wall if he were off at home!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elfie33 said...

Tiaras & Tantrums: He's pretty good at the cleaning part, the cooking part...well I'm not so sure about...he is experimenting alot...I'm prepared..I bought rolaids and tums. LOL He is getting on my nerves..but I get on his too..so were pretty even on that part..LOL

Sarah said...

Hahahahahhahaha...Oh my! Let us no if he starts building an addition or something