Friday, August 8, 2008

Southern Mornings

My first post here, not sure how interesting it's going to be but this is my life.

Out the door by 6:50 this morning for work. I live out in the boonies so I have at least an hour's drive to and from work. It isn't that bad, mostly on country roads from one small town to another...if you can call them towns. Blink and you miss most of them, I think one has a post office so you can actually call that a town... right? I don't have to deal with bumper to bumper traffic, I get to deal with log trucks or Amish folks and their buggies. This morning no log trucks and the only Amish I saw were two little Amish girls feeding their goats. Mr. Billy had one of the girls dresses and the other was trying really hard to rescue her sister. I'm not sure who won that tug of war.

A Hawk swooped down as I rounded a curve and got his breakfast. It looked to be a black snake, it was an impressive site to see him land and fly back up to the sky. I'm sure the snake wasn't as impressed as I was.

I didn't see any deer this morning, It's been too hot for them I think. Although this morning it was in the 60's which is really a nice break from the 90+ temps we've been having. We finally got some rain yesterday..so maybe my front yard won't look so brown anymore. I'm not holding my breath on that one tho.

I'm still trying to figure out this site, but work is calling. Happy Friday.

3 comments:

Tim Atkinson said...

Happy Friday indeed! That view is wonderful - welcome to the blog-o-sphere, and keep posting!

Elfie33 said...

dotterel: I wish I could take credit for the picture but I can't I snagged it from webshots, it looks a lot like where I live tho. Thanks for stopping by..*smiles*

leezee52 said...

I just love the way you write...it's like reading a chapter book!

I'm going to read everyone of your posts!

Lee :)